- Collection of Your Personal Information
When you interact with us, whether by using our Services or communicating with us, we may collect the following information about you:
- Information you give us: you may give us information about yourself if you sign up for the SC Fuels customer portal, correspond with us (using the Contact Form, by email, or phone), or complete any online forms (such as surveys). This information may include your name, email address, and phone number.
- Information our IT systems collect about you: each time you use our Services, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our IT systems. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used by SC Fuels for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the SC Fuels website.
- Personal information such as name, telephone number, company or work information, email address and zip code provided to us to via an online contact form.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us.
- Personal information such as name and email address provided to us in relation to subscribing to and receiving newsletters, alerts or other services from us.
- Responses to surveys we may ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Audio, electronic, or visual information, such as recordings of calls to our call center and any pictures you may choose to share with us for marketing purposes.
- Social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use on our Site and other service (such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins offered by social media services like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter) or posted on social media pages (such as our social media page or other pages accessible to us).
- Commercial information such as name, billing address, payment card details (including card number, expiration date and security code), and business credit applications, which are collected and stored by third-party processors on our behalf.
- Geolocation information to help you find our fueling sites.
- Professional, employment, or education information, such as copies of your Resume or CV and any other information required to verify your qualifications, for recruitment purposes.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through SC Fuels public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
SC Fuels encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from SC Fuels so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. SC Fuels is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of our website.
- Use of your Personal Information
SC Fuels collects and uses your personal information to operate the SC Fuels website and deliver the Services. SC Fuels also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from SC Fuels and its affiliates. SC Fuels may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
SC Fuels keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within SC Fuels to determine what SC Fuels services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within SC Fuels to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
SC Fuels uses your personal information to provide you with employment opportunities.
- How Do We Share Personal Information?
To Users or the Public with Your Consent. We may share your username and posts with other users with your consent. The settings you choose for your posts will determine how much information is shared with other users and/or the public.
Affiliates and Service Providers. We share your information with our third-party service providers and any subcontractors as required to offer you our products and services. For example, we use Constant Contact to send our email marketing campaigns.
Third Party Marketing and Advertising Organizations. We share your information with third party marketing and advertising partners to provide tailored advertising on our Sites and other websites that you may visit.
Third Party Links and Websites. Our Sites may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
Disclosures Required by Law. SC Fuels will disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on SC Fuels or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of SC Fuels; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of SC Fuels, or the public. If we choose to sell some of all of our business or assets to another company in connection with a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other business transaction, we may disclose and/or transfer your personal information to such company.
- How Do We Respond to ‘Do Not Track’ Signals?
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
- Your Privacy Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. You may correct, update and delete your customer portal account, and you may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it. You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting
Marketing Opt-Out: We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any email we send, or you can contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below. You will continue to receive service-related messages concerning products and services you have purchased (unless we have indicated otherwise).
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have the following rights:
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about you.
- The right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- The right to say no to the sale of personal information.
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right, in certain circumstances, to delete the information you have provided to us.
- The right to equal service and price, even if you exercise your privacy rights, unless the difference in service and/or price is reasonably related to the value provided to you by your personal information.
Request for Information. California consumers have the right to request, up to twice in a 12-month period, that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer the information listed below for the preceding 12 months. We have the right to request verification of your identity for all requests for information.
- The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
To make such a request, please call us at 888-723-8357, email us at email@example.com or visit www.scfuels.com/contact.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. California consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of the consumer’s personal information. We do not sell your information to third parties.
Third Party Marketing. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not sell your information to third parties.
- International Transfers of Data
Any data that you provide to us may be accessed, shared or processed by our offices, located in the United States, and service providers located in the United States, if such data transfer is necessary for the specific purpose for which you submitted your data (such as the provision of goods or services under a written contract).
This may entail a transfer of your personal information across international borders. The data protections standards may differ and be lower than the standards enforced in your jurisdiction.
We maintain appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law for any personal information transferred internationally, and as required by applicable law, will seek your consent prior to such transfers.
- Children’s Privacy
Our website is not directed to or intended for, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information to us through this website, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
- Change of Control
Personal information may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change in control. If we sell, merge or transfer any part of the business, part of the sale may include your personal information.
- Security of Your Personal Information
SC Fuels secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. SC Fuels secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption.
- Policy Changes
- Contact Information
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. If you believe that SC Fuels has not adhered to this policy, please contact us using the contact information below. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
1800 W. Katella Ave., Ste. 400,
Orange, CA 92867